Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Milo Introduces: Staff Tuesdays

Happy Tuesday! Starting today, and the Tuesdays to follow, I will introduce you to a staff member from B&L Bike Shop. It’s time you learn about those who are under my cute, furry spell! 

Today, I’m introducing you to one of our mechanics, JAMES!!!  James is purrfect; he feeds me whatever he’s eating!

Don't let the serious face fool you. He's usually full of smiles, but the blow torch requires extreme concentration!

James has worked for me . . . [COUGH!  Hairball!] I mean B&L for almost a year.  

He was born on November 13th.  The year of his birth remains a mystery, because he often forgets, but a great birthday present would be a Root beer. 

James has more bicycles than my furry paws can count! He has 2 Mountain Bikes, 1 Road Bike, ½ a touring bike [meow? not sure what that means] and an unknown quantity of unmade/unfinished bikes.  He has been in the industry for about 20 years now.  [MEOW! That’s 4 times longer than I have been alive!

When asked what he likes about riding bikes, he says, “Cycling is GOOD for you! It’s very Zen. You see things, breathe things, and think things you would never do during any other activity.” 

An interesting fact about James: Apparently, He’s not very interesting – but he does feed me and gives me my much deserved love! The other staff members love him because he always seems to have a fantastic stash of sweets. You’ll know your bike has been in good hands when you see a cookie monster stamp, James’ signature mark, on your repair tickets.

So there you have it, the first Tuesday Staff Pick! Stop by my corner next week to learn about the next minion under my spell.

Till then, I leave you with this: “Wherever you go, there you are!” –James

No comments: