Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Staff Tuesday: Christy


Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Are you all ready for Christmas? I know I don’t have much to look forward to but a day of relaxation!
[This is really all a kitty like me needs!]

Hopefully, one of my minions or the Big Boss lady will drop off something yummy for my brothers Pedro and Maxxis and I!
[I’ll have to introduce those guys on here someday too]

Well it's Tuesday and I’m super excited to tell you about the lady who manages B&L Bike Shop and B&L too… I call her the Little Boss Lady as she is the daughter of Beth, the Big Boss Lady, who I introduced to you a few weeks back!

So without further Kitty-a-due I introduce to you Christy!
~ Also know as Little Rita and the Little Boss Lady~






Christy has been working here full time for the past 3 years and has been the manager for the past 2 years! Christy spent every summer and school break at the shop when she was visiting her Mom from Washington, so she knows the ins and outs of this place. [I thought I was the only one who knew all the ins and outs. Well I at least have all the knowledge of the good hiding places in the place going for me!]

Christy was born on October 20th, 1988. She is a very happy and outgoing 23 years old! Not your typical 23 year old girl though. [Managing this place and all… meow... meow... man it has to be hard work, glad it’s her and not ME-OW]

Christy loves cycling but says she wishes she could do it more than she does.  She has an Electra Cruiser 1 outfitted to ride to and from school, as well as a Fuji SL-Comp (full carbon fiber bicycle) that she would love to ride much much more! To the right is a picture of Christy on her road bike. 

Christy says “Riding is an amazing thing for me. I feel it opens my mind and lets me relax. I feel as I have accomplished something every time I take a ride on my bike!”

An interesting fact about Christy: She was born in Virginia, raised in Washington and moved to California in 2008! Also she was once Rodeo Princess in 4-H when she rode horses! [Guess she traded in the horses for bicycles when she came to Cali!]




So there you have it for the Little Boss Lady. I love her to death; she always makes a point to make me a part her day when shes at work!

Just an FYI the shop will be open through Christmas Eve’ closing at 3:00 on Saturday December 24th, make sure if you are having us hold on to those larger Christmas gifts that you get in and pick it up by then.

I also hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the time spent with your families is cherished.  

I will be skipping Items of the Week for the next couple of Sundays as it will be Christmas and the following Sunday is New Years Day. Please still Tune in next Tuesday for Staff Tuesdays were I introduce Matt who can be quite the character.  I will also have special posts on Christmas and New Years that I would love you to tune in for as well!

Till then, I leave you with a thought from Christy:
"Live, Laugh and Love.  LIVE everyday like it’s your last, LAUGH daily as you’ll live longer and LOVE absolutely everyone who crosses your path!”

No comments: