Monday, March 28, 2011

Milo's Makeover Monday

Bonjourno! It's a beautiful California Spring morning and all I have to say is that it's about stinking time. Now that mother nature has gotten with the program I figured it's time I begin my new weekly segment. Every Monday I'm going to introduce you all to something related to look and style in the bike world. This segment is inspired by our fashionably challenged staff at B & L. Just because we live and work in an industry overwhelmed with spandex and Lycra doesn't mean we can't look good doing it. As many of you may know, I'm quite the fashionista. Have you seen my lion cut? They don't call me ferociously fabulous for nothing. For our first installment I'd like to introduce everyone to my new find today!

This morning, Emelia, clumsy and fashion challenged fool that she is, left this thing on the counter that looked like it belonged back in the shop. As it turns out, what appeared to be a bunch of bike tires at first glance is actually a super sweet bag that was MADE out of bike tires. It was so cool that I made her get online that moment and research where this nifty thing came from [ya know, one of these days I'm going to make you do your own research and I take offense at being called fashionably challenged!] Hush Human! This if for your own good!

The bag is made by an incredible company called Totally Tubular Design. The company was started by one of our own UCD Grads, Lauren Junker (formerly Lauren Robertson). According to their website, "Started in 2006 by Lauren Junker, Totally Tubular Design is dedicated to using as much trash as possible to create the coolest products possible. For a girl who hates seeing things go to waste, the perfect project for Lauren was to combine artistic skills with a STRONG desire to help the environment. By enlisting the help of local bike shops Lauren was able to create a line of products that are 100% reused."



All of their products are made from recycled inner and outer bike tubes and lined with car upholstery. From the bike shop to the catwalk, Totally Tubular Design is eco-friendly out the wazoo and is locally recycled and made just over a hill in Santa Cruz, Ca.
.
 What's not to love? Now, I just have to figure out how to get my paws on one without the boss lady finding out.[MILO!!!]
Uh, oh! Gotta go right MEOW!
Milo Out!

No comments: