Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Staff Tuesday: Dante

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. Are you as full as I am? My two brothers Maxxis and Pedro (who live in the upstairs of the Bike Shop) and I were given a very full bowl of kitty chow and we devoured every last bit of it. Yummy Yummy Yummy! Christy also left us treats in hiding places for us to find. I think I am still finding them around the upstairs area...Meow Meow...more treats for me!!!

With the Holiday weekend I was unable to write up the Weekly Items post this past Sunday. Meow Meow I know, I'm sorry! 
We had a Black Friday Sale and continued the sale through the weekend in honor of Small Business Saturday! This kept everyone including myself on our toes all weekend. With all the specials going on in the store this past weekend I also was not to sure as to what would be good items of the week to discuss. 

I promise I'll be back to my normal kitty blogging ways next Sunday! 

MEOW MEOW - I almost forgot! It's Tuesday and time for me to introduce another on of the wonderful minions I have working at B&L Bike Shop. Today I will be introducing Dante. Dante is a newer member to my minions club but seems to be fitting in well. 

So here we have.....DANTE.....
Dante reads to his bicycles!!! Meow?

Dante was born on January 12th in 1982!
 Looks like we have a birthday coming up here in a month in a half. I will have to think of something to get him!

Dante has a few bicycle that are all Schwinn Stingrays from the 60's that he has turned into Low-riders!!!
Speaking of Stingrays make sure you stop in and see the 2 we have on the sales floor at the shop. We received 2 of 450 released from the Schwinn vault this year!

I asked Dante about the longest ride he had ever been on and man o man did I get a story! 
(I had to have him write it out so I could tell it to you word for word) 

"That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little ride. So I rode to the end of the road, and when I got there I thought maybe I'd ride to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just ride across Greenbow Country. 
Now, thinking since I'd rode this far, maybe I'd just ride across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I rode clear across Alabama. No particular reason. I just kept going. I rode clear to the ocean, I figured since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back and keep going. And when I got to another ocean, I figured since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back and keep right on going. 
When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go... you know... I went. 
I'd think a lot aout Mama and Bubba and Lieutenant Dan. But most of all, I thought about Jenny. I thought about her a lot. 
I say all in all if you were to count it up... now keep in mind this is just a guess, but I would say exactly 36,217 miles, no big deal." 

As you might be able to see Dante is a good story teller! However, he may have not have ridden his bicycle 36,217 miles but he does ride his bicycle everywhere he can!!!

Dante Likes to cycle because he feels it keeps him in peak athletic shape. He feels everyone should ride their bicycles to stay in this peak performance because and I quote Dante, "someday when aliens come to conquer planet earth, or when zombies rise from the dead and start hunting for brains, the first people to go down are the out of shape ones. The peak fitness people can run a black away from a zombie before they get winded and become lunch. Next time you are watching tv instead of going outside and doing some exercise, you are setting yourself up to be some zombies lunch in the near future, just sayin."

An interesting fact about Dante (that I pawndered even putting) is that he "allegedly" shot a man in reno, but the prosecutions lack of physical evidence couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was even in Rento that day. [I really dont think Dante would be capable of doing such a thing he is so nice to everyone at the shop and especially me.]

Well that is all I have for you on Dante. He is quite the character but I think a great addition to the Staff and my minion's club. 

Please make sure you are checking out My Facebook, B&L Bike Shops Facebook Page, Milo's Corner, and B&L Bike Shops Twitter. The ladies at the shop and myself are working hard at keeping everyone up to date when it comes to specials on products, sales, new products and events. These social media sites are the hub for us to be able to market to you on a daily basis.

I did over hear the ladies in the office talking about a Customer Appreciation Night on December 11th from 5pm to 7pm! As well as 12 Days of Christmas Specials!!!!

Till next time I leave you with one of Dante's favorite Quotes: "When I die, I want to go like my grandpa: sleeping, not like the people in the back seat: screaming!" - Louis Yore

No comments: